Thursday, June 8, 2017

American Cruise Lines

I made a surprising discovery recently. American Cruise Lines has ships that cruise the rivers of the U.S. I don't mean a dinner cruise or day trip.... I'm referring to 7+ day cruises that take people to interesting places on rivers in the U.S as well as coastal destinations around the country!

Just last year, I cruised along the Columbia & Snake Rivers. I wasn't expecting much as I grew up in that part of the country. As a child, I found the river to be pretty basic: it was a great place to swim, boat and go fishing. However, as an adult, I learned that the river is full of history and culture. In school, I heard about Lewis & Clark but I never knew the story. After my week on the river, I could tell you the story from beginning to end.

I've become hooked on these U.S. cruises. No passport required, no extensive flying, immediate access to U.S. medical facilities if necessary. I really feel safe on these sailings and it's an easy cruising experience.

In the upcoming days, I'm going to be writing about the following itineraries that I've been fortunate enough to sail:


  • The Columbia River/Snake River (Clarkston, WA to Portland, OR)
  • The Great Rivers of Florida (Roundtrip from Jacksonville, FL)
  • The Historic South & Golden Isles (Jacksonville, FL to Charleston, SC)
  • The Lower Mississippi (New Orleans to Memphis, TN)

I'll post a new itinerary with photos over the next few weeks. It's really a refreshing way to see my own country! It's really a great way to see something new for those people who have done river cruises in other countries, or ocean-going cruises in foreign countries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment: